Thursday, October 15, 2009

Don't Forget!

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and our friend Harry* wants everyone to join in with wholehearted support of friends and loved ones who are survivors of this disease. (My Mom is among the lucky survivors, and is enjoying her 23rd year of remission!)

Stop breast cancer early by doing breast self exams monthly!

Remember Boys, that goes for you too. The American Cancer Society says "It is estimated that in 2009 about 1,910 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed among men in the United States."

*Thanks to our friend Dena for letting us share this awesome picture of Harry with you!

3 comments:

Golden Samantha said...

Oh Sue - wow - congrats on being a cancer survivor for 23 years - that is awesome. Love that picture of Harry but we definitely have not forgotten that this is breast cancer month. Thanks for the reminder about men.
xo Sammie

Unknown said...

Please let me clarify - my Mom is a survivor, and I am in awe of her. I've done the 3 Day walk twice in honor of her, and the many others I know and love that have been affected by this horrible disease.

I am lucky, and thankful everyday to have her in my life!

Golden Daily Scoop said...

Wishing you 23 mores years of being cancer free, your one of the lucky ones!!! Thx for the reminder!!!

Miley and her mom