Saturday, March 22, 2008

It's a dogs life.


Ok, so sometimes it's great to be a dog...and sometimes, not so much. My youngest Golden Retriever, Kona, just got the big "snip" done. I do feel a little bad about it, in a small way, like I am responsible for taking away his "manhood" but on the other hand, I know it's suppose to be the right thing to do. Especially since I have no intention of breeding him, and it makes them less aggressive, prevents certain cancers, etc. But ya just gotta feel bad about it sometimes. After the first day, it hasn't seemed to bother him. Our vet said to keep him "calm and quiet" for 10 days. Ha! It's lucky that I was able to keep him calm and quiet for 10 hours. He is a little spit-fire. Full of personality, and spunk. Ain't no little operation gonna keep this guy down! (Now, if they only wouldn't have used PINK thread to stitch him up! Can a pup have no dignity?) That doesn't seem to bother him either. Gotta love the cone too, what a great fashion accessory!

No comments: