Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Feelin kinda Smart...


In a week that so far has had it's share of ups and downs, there has been a nice bright spot to focus on. This past Saturday, after months and months of waiting, we were able to take delivery of our new Smart Car. We first saw the Smart care when we were on a vacation in Europe in 2001. They were everywhere on the streets there, and we fell in love with them. They look like a giant roller-skate, or something you might see at an amusement park on a track...basically like a great big toy. But with gas inching towards $4.00 a gallon, this little baby will be a life saver, not a toy. It's fun to drive, easily reaches 75 miles an hour on the freeway, (supposedly tops out at 120mph, but I haven't tested that!) and is the cutest thing on the road! I know "cute" might not be for everyone, but I've gotta admit, I feel a bit like a celebrity when I'm driving it. People stop, stare, point, and ask me questions about it. (Is that a "real" car? - Yes....Is it electric? - No...Is it street legal? - Of course! How many miles to the gallon do you get?- around 40 to 45, which beats the heck out of my 14 miles to the gallon I get in my "beast" - an Expedition EL.) It makes driving fun again...which reminds me, I need to run to the store...I wonder how many bags of groceries will fit in my pint sized trunk?

No comments: