Thursday, February 23, 2012

Morning Greeting Committee

With Hubby having spent some time out of town lately, the dogs have gotten into a new little routine. I call it my "Morning Greeting Committee" - every morning around 6:30am Harley joins me in bed. She is very good about just snuggling up, and not being too pushy about me waking up or giving her attention. She just gets herself comfortable, and waits for me to start moving.
Jack, on the other hand, is TOTALLY in my face! By about 7am he decides its TREAT TIME and time for me to get rolling (doesn't he know I have insomnia half the time and he should tread ever-so-lightly when I am actually asleep?? Apparently not!) Here's what I woke up to this morning.
Kona and Jill are much more patient. They wait for me to actually get up before starting to prance all around, woof, and howl in their glee. Geez, I love these silly dogs!

3 comments:

Curt Rogers said...

I love your morning committee! Mine is hosted by three cats, one of him plops her bog fat self down on my chest and purrs against my lips. The other two meow from the doorway. And then once I'm up all three dance and scurry around my feet as though trying to trip me up.

Duncan has figured out that sleeping in is much more important. He doesn't get up until his breakfast is being made. Smart guy!

Chris H said...

Ahhh, Jack is so lovely.. he's my sorta dog!
In ya face!

Sierra Rose said...

A golden wake up committee for sure! Enjoy :)

Big hugs!
Sierra Rose