Thursday, February 9, 2012

Chinese Proverb

One of the patients I visit at the VA told me this proverb the last time we visited, and it stuck with me.

"If
there is light in the soul, There will be beauty in the person.
If
there is beauty in the person, There will be harmony in the house.
If
there is harmony in the house, There will be order in the nation.
If
there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world."

I really like what it says...now I just need to remember how to get light back into my soul. I've been feeling a little dim.

Anyone have a lighter I can borrow?

3 comments:

Curt Rogers said...

Sue, if you lacked light in your soul you wouldn't have been able to recognize the beauty, truth and power of this proverb. You are well lit, my friend, as bright as a Christmas tree. And even though you can't see it right now the rest of us can. Trust us. You are spreading your light.

Chris H said...

Found it yet?
{{{HUGS}}}

Anonymous said...

I dont know you from adam or should I say Eve. But, have you ever heard of Prem Rawat?