Thursday, March 1, 2012

Under the Scope

I had a bit of knee surgery yesterday. I've been dealing with a sore knee for a long time now, and it was finally time to get if fixed. At first my doctor thought I had a torn meniscus, but the MRI showed arthritis and a bone spur instead. Hmmm, fun stuff.
Here I am waiting to be called back to surgery....
I guess you could say that the surgery has been looming over me. It's been heavy on my mind, to say the least. It's not so much that the actual procedure was worrying me, but more of the not knowing what to expect as far as recovery, etc.

To be honest, I was also worried about going under the anesthesia. With what happened just 8 weeks ago with my Dad, I don't think anyone could question my anxiety...but, as expected, things went as planned, and here I am. Fine and nearly dandy.

I've been getting around pretty good today without my crutches. Granted I'm not up for walking the dogs, or going to Disneyland, but I get to the bathroom and kitchen by myself without any problem. Yay!


Tomorrow I go for my first physical therapy appointment. Oh, I'm really looking forward to that. Ha! Until then, I'll sit, relax with my knee up and savor the sweet smell of the flowers my wonderful friends and family have sent.


Sent from my iPad as I'm sitting on my big @ss couch.

2 comments:

Homer said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Sue. :)

Love,
Homer

Maxmom said...

Dear Sue,
I am sorry to hear about your surgery. It's been a rough couple of months for you, hasn't it? Get better soon. Those flowers are really pretty - I'm sure they'll cheer you up, knowing how many people care about you. Soon you'll be back to therapy work too. ((Hugs)) to the doggies too. :)
sending lotsaluv
Caryl in SA