Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The kindest of notes....

I've spent most of today trying to get my email under control.  This morning when I woke up I had 924 messages in my inbox.  I am not kidding.  I was tempted to hit "delete all" and just walk away....but I couldn't bring myself to do that...

During the course of the day I've been able to whittle through quite a few of them. As of right now I'm down to only 605. How crazy is that?  Yikes! 

Going through them I am reading and re-reading many of the notes I received from my Golden Retriever group friends and Love on a Leash friends that wrote to me about when we lost Jack.  There have been so very many people reaching out to me, it's almost been overwhelming.  It touches my heart so deeply, I can't even begin to express my appreciation.  Many of the notes tell me of other's who've lost their beautiful animals to cancer, suddenly, like we lost Jack. Many offer encouragement....and all have been extremely kind.

I just re-read this one and found it so touching that I wanted to share it.  It came from one of my long-time group members. It brought me to tears.

I am so sorry for your loss of Jack. We all know that our time with our Golden's can be short, and we all worry about that. I want you to know what an inspiration both you and Jack have been to myself and to so many other people around San Diego... I have a therapy dog due to the efforts of both of you and I am eternally grateful!!!! You have had a profound effect on so many dog people and we are all bonded together by you and your efforts. We all would like to support you and have you feel the love we all have for you. Please allow yourself to grieve over Jack, and to feel the love that so many people you have affected have for you. Take care of yourself and give all your kids a hug.

I am truly blessed to have people like this in my life.  Thank you K.S. for this note, and thank you to the countless others who have also taken the time from their busy days to send kind and comforting words this way.

When it all boils down to it, I'm just a girl who loves her dogs - and I am lucky to have these furry beasts in my life.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I am deeply sorry for your loss. Goldens are such special and beautiful souls. God bless you in this time of sadness.