Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween Party 2009, Part 3, More Decorations

Just a quick post tonight, with a couple of pictures, because, to put it mildly, I'm wiped out. I spent the majority of the day getting ready for another Halloween Party - this time for the Golden Retriever group I organize. We've got a meetup coming up on Saturday and have over 100 people coming! Yikes! And here I thought all of my Halloween party planning was done for the year! I guess not!

Today I had several of my assistant organizers come over and we got all of the stuff together for the prizes we'll be giving out Saturday. We made a total of 22 gift baskets! We also got our menu planned, food ordered, and a game plan ready for the meetup. I'm made my list of things "not to forget" on Saturday (only 23 items - so far!) and am getting everything together. Enough about that for now, on to the other party fun.

The kitchen (aka the "general store"), the family room (aka the "haunted lodge"), and my desk area (aka the "taxidermy shop").
On the back wall of the general store I had made personalized "wanted" posters for several past guests and my production crew.
Food included homemade pulled pork (25lbs. of it!) homemade chili, homemade BBQ beans, homemade pigs in a blanket, homemade corn salad, homemade cornbread, homemade green beans with potatoes and bacon, (are you seeing a trend here?) meat balls, mac and potato salad, short bread cookies, veggies, chips, dips, artichoke dip, and stuff I can't even remember right now!
Part of our haunted lodge....

more of the lodge...
every lodge needs a fireplace with dead stuff hanging over it....

and a trophy wall...
heading towards the backyard and saloon area (Shirley made custom saloon doors for our french door - they were AWESOME!)
the taxidermy shop...
what a bargain!
Tomorrow is another busy day for me, a funeral in the morning for my dear friend Sylvia's Grandmother, a visit to the hospital to see my Dad who is having a major test done on his pace maker, a visit with friends in the late afternoon if I can squeeze it in, and an alumni get together for our Homecoming football game in the evening. Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it! I'll try to post more pictures tomorrow, but no promises. They are worth waiting for though, I promise....and I haven't even started on the guests yet!

9 comments:

kks said...

you are one busy girl Sue! love the pictures, you are so talented and give so much of yourself....hope you get some down time this weekend!
xo

Maxmom said...

Hey there Sue
We have been watching your halloween preparations with absolute fascination...you see, there is nothing like this here in South Africa. You guys sure know how to have a good time! So I thought I'd just pop by and wish you a wonderful, happy, fun and safe time with all you Halloween celebrations.
Lots of love
Max's mom in SA

NCmountainwoman said...

I'm tired myself from looking at all your handiwork. Hope you have a great weekend.

Jen said...

Absolutely Grand!
enjoy your busy weekend.

Najia said...

I missed out on the green beans...harumph!!! The food was sooooo delicious. I was thinking of it the other day. Where did you find the time to make everything scratch? You're amazing!

Sierra Rose said...

Really amazing production! You go all out! Love it!
Hope the golden Haloween gathering is fantastic, and that you have some rest and relaxation coming up!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

How Sam Sees It said...

Wow! Where do you get all this energy! Can't wait to see pictures of the party! Have fun!

Happy Halloween!

Sam

Homer said...

Sue,

Again, you are so amazing. We can't wait to read about your posting on Golden Retrievers Halloween party!

Love,
Homer

Valerie Cummings said...

I love the taxidermy! Humans free!!! Hugs Joey and Kealani