Thursday, October 22, 2009

Down to the wire...

The planning for the party is getting down to the wire now...only 52 hours, and counting. Sure that may seem like a lot of time...but not when you have about 200 things left to do! Yikes! Although a lot of the things we have left to do are quickie items (turn on the music in all of the different areas, make sure all the lanterns are lit, take the skimmer out of the pool, etc.) they are all on a list, so we don't forget to do them. Without my lists, I'd be lost! I remember one year I didn't make a list with all of the food items on it, and low and behold, the morning after the party I woke up to look in the refrigerator and find 48 deviled eggs that never got put out. A family of 5 can't (and shouldn't) eat 4 dozen deviled eggs! Hence, my need for the list...

This will probably be the last chance I have to blog before the party. Tomorrow morning my desk area will get transformed into a taxidermy shop. What can I say, I'm kookie like that.

I hope you all have a great weekend, and I'll check back in after the party!

By the way...this is my newest boyfriend! Gotta love him!

4 comments:

Sierra Rose said...

We're spookin' out over here at the fella-friend! Can ya put 'dental work' on The List? Just wondering.... Have a FANTASTIC and super SPOOKY party!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

kks said...

you didn't trade in hubby, did you! :) have a wonderful party, can't wait to see all the fun!
xo

Golden Samantha said...

Scary pal you got there - can't imagine what other sorts of "taxidermy" you have hanging around on your desk by now - scary stuff!!!
xo Sammie

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Wooo that's scary. Hi there, I'm Sugar. Just found your blog n saying hello. LOVE to make new friends. Looking forward to your visit to my blog. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar