Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Golden Day on the Bay

I am pooped. Not because the Smart Car kept me awake all night (that baby is STILL at the dealership - an update on that soon....), but rather because I took my 3 Golden Retrievers on a cruise around the bay today. Along with my oldest daughter, (a real trooper) I made the trek downtown to the Hornblower Cruise Ship terminal where we met up with a BIG gaggle of Goldens, all part of the San Diego Golden Retriever Meetup Group that I organize. (At least something in my life is organized!) This is an annual event for our group, and this is the third year in a row that we have participated. I love my 3 Goldens, but let me tell you, they can be a handful. Several handfuls actually! (Thanks to David for all of his help!!) They love being out and about, seeing other people, and their Golden friends, and it is fun to have them out, but it's a lot of work. A 50 lb. puppy, a 75 lb. & and an 85lb. pup end up being a LOT of dog to keep in line. Especially when they get excited, and let me tell you - they were EXCITED!

After the 1 hour cruise, we walked down to Seaport Village, a small shopping area right there on the bay. I'd contacted the general manager of the area to be sure they were "dog friendly" which they were, and we had a delightful lunch at a nice table, in the shade. (It's HOT here today!!) The whole morning was a lot of fun, it really was. But, as I said...I'm pooped now. Time for a nap. On a raft...in the pool.



Waiting to get on the ship-trying to be patient.













Joey and Kona playing around like
brothers do...















Part of our great big group!
















1 comment:

Valerie Cummings said...

I can see me!!!!! And Joey and Kona are soooo cute!!! Those pictures are great Sue! Thank you for being such a great friend and thanks for being the organizer of this awesome group! Oh, and thanks for the shout out to David, he had a great time!