Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Through an amateur's eye...a review of "Made of Honor"

"Made of Honor" stars "Grey's Anatomy" McDreamy -Patrick Dempsey. It also stars Michelle Monaghan as Hannah, McDreamy's best friend, and confidant. This is a typical romantic comedy, with lots of beautiful people, including Hannah's Scottish beau, Colin, played by Kevin McKidd. McKidd is a brilliant Scotsman, most recently seen in the series "Journey Man" and movies such as "Hanibal Rising", "Kingdom of Heaven" and " De-Lovely." While he is not gorgeous in the typical Hollywood sense of the word, he is a great, authentic addition to this film, has a wonderful Scottish accent, and looks fabulous in a kilt. Speaking of kilts, this movie is full of cliches, Scottish, and otherwise...goofy bridal shower stuff, goofy grandmas, bagpipers, etc. If you are, as I am, into these light, fun, "always a happy ending" kind of movies, you are sure to enjoy this one. I'd give it a solid B+...it would have gotten an A if it starred Brad Pitt....

2 comments:

Anniessa said...

As Sven always says, "It's all about casting." Guess they just didn't want to go the extra mile for that A!

Elizabeth™ said...

I haven't seen this movie... I don't think I will. Being a teen, it looks boring to me, and they've revealed nearly everything that happens in the movie in the trailer. I'm sure it's nice, and perhaps funny, but I feel like I'd rather...watch another movie that I don't know the ending to.