Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Finishing Touches

I think I may be ready.

For Christmas that is. Not to clean this kitchen...

Seriously though, I think all of my prep work is done. All of the wrapping is done (other than the 2 gifts I'm still waiting to get delivered...not going to hold my breath that they show up!) All of the preparation for tomorrow's dinner is done, including this gorgeous new pumpkin gingerbread trifle that I grabbed from April over on April's Reign. If it tastes half as good as it looks, we'll be in good shape!

I'll be serving dinner for 12 tomorrow, and I am excited and a little nervous. I'm not that great of a cook. Oh sure, I'll give it a good try, but it's not my forte. I'm hoping that a fair amount of Egg Nog with rum will help! Ha! I've got plenty of both on hand if needed.

Tonight, Christmas Eve, we'll be at my parent's house. Thankfully they only live a short 2 miles away. No long haul traveling for us this year. Hubby's parents are both gone now, and especially at this time of year I am very, truly thankful to have my parents healthy and close by. My Mom will make her traditional German dinner for us. Sauerkraut (don't knock it until you've tried it - the real stuff, not the stuff they serve out of a can...), different sausages and cold cuts, fresh baked rolls, among other things, and her traditional German Christmas cookies. It doesn't get much better than that! We'll go to church for our favorite candle light service, then return to their house for opening some presents. We are all looking forward to the evening for different reasons, and I can't wait.

I hope your evening is as special and as perfect as you'd like it to be. Merry Christmas and very Happy Holidays to you all!

4 comments:

Valerie Cummings said...

Wow that gingerbread thing looks killer!

Homer said...

Merry Christmas to you Sue, and your family and not forgetting all your goldies!

Love,
Homer

Chris H said...

I hope your Christmas Day has gone down well... your gingerbread pudding looks amazing!

April said...

And in a Trifle Bowl too! I am so proud! Hopefully you made it correctly, unlike me. Ha!! Glad it turned out so pretty and so glad you had such a good Christmas. Happy New Year dear friend!!