Monday, August 4, 2008

Recharged!

I'm on the way out the door pretty soon, but just thought I shoud give a quick update before we run out to do some back to school shopping.

I DID get some decent sleep last night. That's not to say that the yapping dog was quiet, but I was determined not to let it bother me last night. When we went to bed last night, we closed the window, turned on the fan and the TV nice and low, and within about a minute I was out for the count. I didn't even move until Kona woke me up with a lick on the face at 7:08am telling me he was ready for breakfast. Ah, it felt WONDERFUL to have an uninterrupted night of snoozing.

Yesterday, despite it's early start, turned out to be a lovely day. We had a meetup with my Golden Group at a local park, and then came home and spent the afternoon lounging in the backyard with some friends. A couple of burgers thrown on the BBQ and the afternoon was complete! It was the perfect way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon!

Here are a couple of pictures from the Golden Group meeting....not a bad turnout either!


Joey loves the mud!
Not a bad little park, but the hill was tough on some members.

2 comments:

Chris and Mackenzie said...

I admire Joey's spunk. Mud? Eh, whatever...it'll wash off!

Chris

Valerie Cummings said...

What a great time we had! Joey says " Auntie Sue the mud puddle was the best!" We had fun!